Boreholes & Ground Source Heat Pump
Boreholes and Ground-Source Heat Pumps Course
The Finnish season ends with a 3-morning advanced course on thehighly requested borehole-GSHP subjects. The course aims to give the participants an extensive design outlook of borehole field applications, through focused explanation, exercises and active course participation.
After the course, the user will be able to
- complete designs of reliable borehole field models to serve as energy supply and energy storage
- perform long-term ground temperature simulations and ground thermal behaviour analysis.
In the course, the following subjects and topics will be covered:
- Ground source components
- Ground properties, TRT test result analysis and theoretical background
- Borehole loops and fields as a part of the energy supply and short/long-term storage system
- Ground temperature balancing in respect of long-term usage
- Control schemes in the borehole field
- Real time system modelling and simulation
- Connections between the main systems
- Result presentation and case visualization
- Live user’s practices
Presenters: Patrik Skogqvist, Mika Vuolle and Viktoria Rusanen.
Number of days: 3
When: 11-12-13 December 2023
Time: 08:13-12:30 CET / 9:30-13:30 EET
Software: IDA ICE 5.0